Saturday, February 15, 2014

REVIEW: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

I remember that The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream is the first product I bought at The Body Shop store. At that time I didn’t do any review search before I bought it, I just looked around to find “best seller” label with the cheapest price that I could afford. It might be because I was afraid of the shopping assistant who suddenly came to me with smile while I stared at discount label of products displayed. But still, this is one of my favorite items from The Body Shop, although now it is my mother who still uses this cream instead of me.
Now I want to review this product which I already known for 6 years…




What Is It?
Brand : The Body Shop
Name : Vitamin E Moisture Cream
Size : 50 ml
Price : IDR 149000

Description:
This Vitamin E Moisture Cream is one of The Body Shop bestselling daily moisturizer which hydrates skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. This cream comes from vitamin E line which contain vitamin E (of course) as antioxidant that helps to moisturize and protect the facial skin. Make it looks clear and healthy.

Claims:
♡ Hydrate and protect
♡ Light and easily absorbed
♡ Leaves skin soft and healthy-looking

How to use: apply in sufficient amount to your face and neck.

Ingredients:

 

Aqua, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitol, lanolin, glyceryl stearate, cetyl esters, steareth-2, PEG-100 stearate, ceresin, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, steareth-20, carbomer, methylparaben, parfum, benzyl benzoate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, hydroxycitronellal, propylparaben, limonene, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, cinnamyl alcohol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, Cl 147000.

According to COSDNA, to ensure about the likelihood of the product’s ingredients being comedogenic and irritate the skin and also about the safeties on long term usage, I found out that isopropyl palmitate (which is a solvent, synthetic ester, and moisturizer) scored 4 out of 5 as a potential acne trigger. And Triethanol amine as pH adjusters also got big score in potential of causing irritation (4) and colored as 4th red bar in safety. Hydroxycitronellal and cinnamyl alcohol (as fragrance) also labeled as red in 4th bar. (Actually I don’t really understand about the skincare chemical ingredients, but I try to learn a bit. I’m sorry if I couldn’t provide you a full and clear explanation.)

from cosdna

Packaging:
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream come in classic soft pink plastic jar with black cap and transparent inner cap for extra protection. It didn’t come with spatula so it can be a little bit unhygienic for some people.


Smell: 
I am confused to tell you how the smell is like. It’s nothing like flower, fruit, or herbs. But the first thing I remembered during my first experience using this cream is the smell of classic body lotion in my childhood. It is softly scented and disappears after few minutes.

Application:
I applied The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream as regular moisturizer just before SPF cream in the morning and as the last step in the evening. The cream is light pink in color and the texture is creamy and feels very pleasant to be applied. It absorbed quickly enough and leaves a thin layer of moist that felt light on skin. I’m glad it did not have sticky or a greasy finish. 


A little tip: don’t apply it in a big volume as this cream can easily spread all over the face. A red bean size of it is enough to cover the face and neck area.

Result:
The immediate result from using The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream is already been described. It gave me a neither sticky nor greasy finish. I also felt that my skin become softer and smoother, just like baby butt. It gave enough moisture for daily use and didn’t cause any breakout for me. 

It was perfect but one thing: I felt my mustache area a little bit uncomfortable in first few minute. It was not a stinging or burning sensation; it was more like some sweat will be produced on my mustache area although the fact I wasn’t, then it disappeared after few minute. So I finished 2 jars of it before seduce my mother to use this nice moisturizer, and she loves it till now.
Conclusion:
Pros:
Lightweight but provide good moisturizing effect
Easily absorbed
Soft scented
Skin felt soft and smooth
Antioxidant
Cons:
5 kinds of parabens and other chemical that potentially causing acne and irritation
Uncomfortable sensation above my lips for few minutes
No spatula
Where to buy: any The Body Shop counter or you can buy online via their official website. (for Indonesia: www.thebodyshop.co.id)

No comments:

Post a Comment